Fab Lab, an award-winning organization working in digital skilling and creative technology, is seeking a passionate and dedicated Technology Instructor with a focus on Coding to join our nonprofit education organization.
As a Technology Instructor, you will play a key role in inspiring and empowering students of all ages to explore the exciting world of informal education with a focus on applied technology. Your primary responsibility will be to design and deliver engaging lessons and activities that foster curiosity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering or computer science disciplines, experience working with diverse student populations, and a passion for fostering a love of learning.
Experience with 3D Printing, CAD, Coding, and/or Electronics strongly preferred.
Must be excited about technology and an avid tech user.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $54,345.00 – $60,350.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Coding: Minimum 2 year (Required)
- Teaching or Tutoring: Minimum 2 year (Required)
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- After school
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
Curriculum Development: Design and develop a comprehensive and age-appropriate creative technology curriculum, aligned with educational standards and best practices. Create engaging lesson plans and activities that integrate hands-on experiments, projects, and technology to promote active learning and student engagement. Incorporate real-world applications and connections to help students understand the relevance of technology in their everyday lives.
Instruction and Facilitation: Deliver dynamic and interactive lessons that cater to diverse learning styles and abilities. Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that encourages student participation, collaboration, and critical thinking. Provide clear explanations, demonstrations, and guidance to ensure students grasp complex concepts effectively. Utilize appropriate technology tools, resources, and educational software to enhance instruction and student learning outcomes.
Student Assessment and Progress Monitoring: Implement formative and summative assessments to evaluate student understanding and progress in creative technology subjects. Provide constructive feedback and guidance to students to support their individual growth and development. Monitor and document student performance, maintain accurate records, and communicate progress to students, parents, and relevant stakeholders.
Classroom Management and Safety: Establish and maintain a safe, inclusive, and respectful learning environment that adheres to organization policies and guidelines. Implement effective classroom management strategies to promote positive behavior, engagement, and cooperation among students. Ensure the proper handling and storage of equipment, materials, and supplies used in creative technology activities.
Collaboration and Professional Development: Collaborate with fellow instructors, school staff, and community partners to enhance the overall education program. Participate in professional development opportunities to stay updated on emerging trends, resources, and instructional strategies in education. Engage in ongoing reflection and self-assessment to continually improve teaching practices and student outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science.
- Experience teaching or instructing students, preferably in a STEM-related capacity.
- Strong knowledge and passion for engineering, computer science, and technology subjects, with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to young learners.
- Familiarity with current educational standards and frameworks in informal education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in lesson planning, assessment, and record-keeping.
- Experience in integrating technology and educational software in instruction.
- Patience, adaptability, and a genuine desire to inspire and motivate students in their technology education journey.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not encompass all the tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned or required.