Fab Lab, an award-winning organization working in digital skilling and creative technology, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Business Development Manager to join our education nonprofit organization. As a Business Development Manager, you will play a critical role in securing funding and resources to support our mission of providing high quality opportunities in tech education and digital skilling.
Your primary responsibilities will involve grant research, partnership/donor cultivation, fundraising campaigns, and business relationship management. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in business administration, grant development, fundraising strategies, and a passion for education equity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,250.00 – $66,250.00 per year depending on experience
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute:
- El Paso, TX 79901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fundraising: 3 year (Required)
- Grant writing: 3 year (Required)
Work Location: In-person with opportunity for hybrid work
Grant-Writing and Management: Identify, research, and evaluate potential grant opportunities from foundations, corporations, and government entities aligned with our organization’s mission and programs. Develop and write compelling grant proposals, ensuring alignment with funder guidelines and requirements. Collaborate with program staff to gather relevant information and data for grant applications. Monitor grant progress and compliance, ensuring timely submission of reports and deliverables.
Partnership Development: Identify and cultivate strategic partnerships with relevant organizations, educational institutions, and community stakeholders.
Collaborate with program staff to explore potential joint funding opportunities and programmatic collaborations. Represent the organization at networking events, conferences, and community engagements to expand the network of supporters and partners.
Budgeting and Reporting: Collaborate with the finance team to develop and manage annual development budgets. Monitor and report on fundraising progress, revenue projections, and variances. Provide regular updates and reports to the Executive Director, board members, and other stakeholders on development activities and outcomes.
Team Collaboration and Leadership: Collaborate with the executive team, program staff, and board members to align development goals with the organization’s strategic objectives. Provide guidance, support, and training to staff and volunteers involved in development activities. Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, promoting teamwork, shared goals, and a culture of philanthropy.
Fundraising Campaigns: Plan, coordinate, and execute fundraising campaigns to generate financial support for our programs and initiatives. Develop fundraising strategies and messaging, targeting diverse donor segments. Implement online fundraising platforms and techniques, leveraging social media and digital channels. Analyze campaign results, track fundraising progress, and make data-driven adjustments to optimize campaign effectiveness.
Donor Cultivation and Relationship Management: Identify and cultivate relationships with individual donors, major donors, foundations, and corporate sponsors. Develop and implement personalized donor cultivation plans to deepen engagement and increase giving levels. Conduct donor research and analysis to identify prospective donors and funding opportunities. Ensure timely and meaningful donor acknowledgment, recognition, and stewardship activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Nonprofit Management, Communications, Business Administration).
- Master of Business Administration preferred.
- Proven track record of successful grant-writing and fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably in the education field.
- Strong knowledge of grant development, fundraising strategies, and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling grant proposals and fundraising messages.
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with diverse stakeholders, including individual donors, foundations, and corporate sponsors.
- Proficiency in using fundraising software and databases to manage donor information and track fundraising progress.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities, with a results-oriented mindset.
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire staff, board members, and volunteers.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not encompass all the tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned or required.