May the Fourth be with you! During this Star Wars-themed social, learners of all ages get an introductory experience with coding and computer science in a safe, supportive environment. The objective is
May the Fourth be with you!
During this Star Wars-themed social, learners of all ages get an introductory experience with coding and computer science in a safe, supportive
environment. The objective is to learn to control two adorable droids, R2D2 and BB8, with modular coding phrases. This lesson has two versions for beginner and intermediate.
Option 1: Blocks
The first option uses drag-drop blocks. This version works best for:
• Students on mobile devices without keyboards
• Younger students (6+ because the tutorial requires reading)
• International students
additional challenge. This version of the tutorial is also great if you have some students in your class who have already
learned some coding. It is recommended for ages 11+.
• Define “coding” and “computer science”
• Identify key computer science vocabulary
• Make connections between computer science concepts and the real world
• Identify places to go to continue learning computer science and coding
Complimentary beverage provided for attendees.
(Thursday) 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Mountain Standard Time
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!