Fab Lab is currently looking to fill the position of Funding Specialist. This position will start at 20 hours a week, with potential to move to a full-time position by the end of 2021. We are looking to invest in training for a committed individual who is seeking a career pathway with Fab Lab.
Preferred candidate will
(1) Research and report on funding resources and opportunities, including but not limited to RFPs, grants, donations, and more
(2) Write proposals, applications, and other funding request documentations as well as come up with quarterly funding strategies.
(3) Organize annual fundraiser and engage with funders, sponsors, and stakeholders.
(4) Work alongside Executive Director, Bookkeeper, and Accountant to ensure proper accounting of programmatic funding
(5) Prepare, visualize, and present quarterly and annual financial reports
(6) Have experience in a startup or small group environment where individuals are self-motivated, responsible, organized, communicative, team-player, and innovative
(7) Possess strong public speaking and data presentation skills for board members, financiers, sponsors, funders, grant-makers, partners, and donors.
(Note: You may be asked to submit writing samples)
Successful candidate will
(1) Have degree or degree-in-progress in business or related fields such as accounting.
(2) Strong writing, data visualization, and communication skills a must for this position.
(2) Maintain 15 and 20 hours per week of work from Tuesday to Saturday, as scheduled by Executive Director
(3) Have flexibility to become full-time employee with 40 hours weekly work schedule
(4) Perform tasks as delegated by Executive Director and submit to performance review from Executive Director
(5) Attend weekly team meetings on Tuesdays at 11a
(6) Utilize the organization’s communication platforms for email, Microsoft Teams, Asana, and other task management tools as required
(7) Provide a professional headshot for the website
(1) Competitive salary
(2) 401k and health insurance for FTE
(3) Flexible PTO, sick-days for FTE
(4) Supportive co-workers
(5) Rewarding work culture
(6) Paid PD opportunities
(7) Beautiful downtown workspace
(8) Fully-stocked break room
(9) Work social hours
(10) Annual retreats
(11) Pet-friendly workplace